The Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) is a rapidly-growing NGO/nonprofit think tank that conducts independent public interest research and analysis on financial and economic issues related to energy markets, trends and policies. With its in-house collection of diverse and experienced professionals, one of IEEFA’s aims is to support and influence the global fixed income markets in playing an active role to accelerate energy transition.
Headquartered in the United States, IEEFA’s teams are located across the globe, with a significant portion of its staff in the greater Asia Pacific region. Through ongoing momentum, IEEFA is looking to expand its Fixed Income team. This Research Analyst position is for a remote work-based role and candidates may be located anywhere in the Asia Pacific region.
IEEFA produces a significant volume of original written research, as well as ongoing analysis and reports on issues affecting energy industries. Our major research reports, daily commentaries, press coverage and other resources can be found on our public domain website: www.ieefa.org.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Taking primary responsibility for research and analysis of assigned projects as well as supporting more significant and complex projects.
- Scope of work may include:
- In-depth market research, analysis, interpretation and collation of data pertaining to the fixed income market eco-system.
- Writing reports for publication on IEEFA’s website.
- Participating in internal and external meetings, which may include preparing papers or presenting your views and recommendations.
- Horizon scanning for energy and finance news to understand the global policy context and industry developments.
- Collaborating with IEEFA’s stakeholders.
- Building industry, government, regulator, and finance contacts to better understand different perspectives to better inform your analysis.
- Providing insights to the media and responding to requests.
- Around five years’ relevant experience in fixed income markets, finance and/or consulting, with a focus on Asian emerging markets.
- Familiarity with fixed income portfolio management or the bond issuance process will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the energy/utilities sector will be an advantage.
- Experience in data research, analysis and writing/presenting research.
- Competence in presenting analytical insights and data relevant to market dialogue on complex investment issues.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and with good political judgment both orally and in writing, will be an advantage.
- You are a strong team player.
- You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail, and a keen interest in keeping abreast of financial market developments, political and economic affairs.
- You have excellent oral and writing skills in English. Familiarity with one or more Asian languages will be an advantage.
- You have the ability to learn new software and applications. Familiarity with Bloomberg and/or Refinitiv will be an advantage.
Term and Renumeration
Full-time, 12-month contract with the option of extension by mutual agreement. Renumeration based on experience.
Some travel may be required (when it becomes possible).
We encourage you to apply immediately and will be closing applications by 25 October 2021.
IMPORTANT: Please be sure to add email@example.com to your contact list to ensure delivery of all correspondence from us.